Monday, June 8, 2009

It's been a while

Sorry it has been so long since our last post. A lot has taken place since then and now. I went back to work this week so Kara has been on her own and hasn't had the time to update the site.The kids turned 8 weeks old on Friday, and have been home for just over a month. It has been great and the kids are growing like crazy. We had the 2 month checkup on Friday as well. They got their first round of shots. That was an experience. Each kid got 4 shots in the thigh and they hated it! I was worried that they were going to hate me just as much because I was the mean guy that drove them there. I was happy to find out they still loved daddy. When I got home from work that night Zach wanted to fall asleep in my arms just like before. The fliers we got from the doctor said 1 in 4 kids suffer minor side effects from the shots so I figured we had a pretty good chance of having a reaction. None of them seemed to experience any side effects so it all worked out. While we were there we found that the boys were 7 lbs 10.5 oz (Colby) and 7lbs 10 oz (Zach), and Avery is a petite 7 lbs 2 oz. She has been watching her figure.

We had fallen into a regular routine up until the time that I went back to work. Kara was going to bed at a decent hour and I had been staying up late night to do the overnight feeds. Now that I am back at work, Kara has been getting 2 or 3 less hours of sleep. Of course, this was the first week so with some adjustments she could get a little more in the future. The kids aren't eating every three hours like before. They have stretched it out to 4 or 4.5 hours between feeds. Kara did have a helping hand this week from her friend Kristie. She came in from South Carolina and stayed the night on my first night at work. When I got home at 330 in the morning, Kristie was still awake and feeding the babies. She stayed up til 9 am with them so Kara could get a couple extra hours of sleep. And of course Cooper is here to help out. He has many jobs and he has been great with the kids.

He protects He CleansAnd he even volunteers to be a pillow

As you could tell from our last post, we finally had our pictures done. They turned out great. The photographer took almost 300 pictures that day and posted her personal favorites on facebook so Kara could get them. We will get a cd with all the pics on it in the upcoming future. I didn't know it until that day but Kara has a deal worked out with her to do our 3, 6, 9, and 12 month pictures too.


I think they forgot the meaning of PLAY TIME

Ok, a little back story on this photo. It was bath day Monday. Kara and I usually do baths together but she had left for a little bit for a dr's appointment. I was bored and had everything done, bottles made, kids fed, dishes done. I decided to give the kids baths on my own. Mommy was really surprised when she got home and her little girl had a mohawk. But she is still cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment