Saturday, April 11, 2009

I know I should be sleeping

I know I should be sleeping but I am just too excited. I just spent an hour and a half in the NICU in a session of Kangaroo care with Zachary. Kangaroo care is skin to skin contact between the baby and a parent. He got to come out of his crib and lay on my bare chest while he got his feeding. It was his first taste of mommy milk. Feeding only takes about 3 minutes but he was so peaceful sleeping on my chest that the nurse just left him there, sharing the body heat. It was amazing. We chose to give Zach the mommy milk because he is the smallest of the three. I also got to change my first diaper ever. That wasn't so exciting but it wasn't bad. I think I can get the hang of it. I am going to attach a link where you can find some of the pictures from today's action. http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=165zx8f1.6g8cyl11&x=0&y=gjgw4u&localeid=en_US

No comments:

Post a Comment